QPF8538 – Front End Module
QPF8538 – 5GHz 802.11a/n/ac Wi-Fi Front End Module
The QPF8538 provides a complete integrated solution in a single front end module (FEM) for Wi-Fi 802.11a/n/ac systems. The small form factor and integrated matching minimizes layout area in the application and greatly reduces the number of external components.
Performance is focused on a balance of efficiency to linear power that increases the range and throughput of connections. Control lines are reduced to a two-line control scheme.
The QPF8538 integrates a 5GHz power amplifier (PA), single-pole two-throw switch (SP2T) and a low noise amplifier (LNA) with bypass. Integrated filtering includes 2nd and 3rd harmonic as well as 2.4GHz rejection for dual-band dual-concurrent operation. A DC power detector is integrated for application calibration enablement. The device is provided in a 2.3mm x 2.3mm x 0.0.63mm, 16-pin laminate package.
- POUT = +17dBm, 802.11ac, VHT80 MCS9 at-35dB dynamic EVM
- POUT = +18dBm, 802.11n, HT20/40 MCS7 at-30dB dynamic EVM
- POUT = +21dBm, HT20 MCS0 at spectral mask compliance
- 3.3V operation
- RX gain = 12.5dB
- Noise figure = 2.5dB
- Bypass Loss = 5dB
- Input and output matched to 50 ohm
- Integrated 2.4GHz rejection filter
- Wireless Routers
- Access Points
- Enterprise Client Access Points
- Consumer Premise Equipment
- Wireless Adapters
- Internet of Things